- RADICAL ELEMENTS, Studio Art Quilt Associates juried traveling show. Curated by Jill Rumoshosky Werner.
- COMPLEX THREADS, Shack Art Center, Everett, WA. Jurors: Gail Harker, Penny Peters, and Terri Shinn.
- 30th Annual Visual Arts Gallery, Beaverton, OR. Juried by Mary Ann Deffenbaugh, Oregon College of Arts and Crafts Director of Public Programs and former co-owner of Pulliam Deffenbaugh Gallery.
- TRUTH TO TELL, P:ear Gallery, Portland, OR
- COLOR JOURNEY, National Quilting Association Certified Judges’ traveling show, Columbus, OH; Cody, WY; Manchester, NH; Hampton, VA; Somerset, NJ; Auburn, IN; Golden, CO; Duluth, MN. Curated by Kathy Lichtendahl.
- COLUMBIA FIBERARTS GUILD Special Exhibit, NW Quilting Expo, Portland, OR. Curated by Mary Arnold.
- QUILT FESTIVAL, Jurors’ and Judges’ Special exhibit, LaConnor Quilt and Textile Museum, LaConnor, WA. Curated by SuSan Riedel.
- VOLUSIA WRAPPED IN FIBER, Gateway Center for the Arts, DeBary, FL. Juried by Pamela Allen.
- LIGHTHOUSE ART QUILTS 2011, traveling show, Pojaro Valley Quilt Assn, Watsonville, CA; Good Old Days, Pacific Grove, CA; Back Porch Fabrics, Pacific Grove, CA; International Quilt Festival, Long Beach CA. Curated by Iris Frank, Patty Kennedy, and Nancy McDowell.
- STITCHES IN BLOOM, The Oregon Garden, Silverton, OR.
- National Quilting Association, Columbus, OH
- TIMELESS QUILTS, Oregon Historical Society, Portland, OR Curated by William Volckening and Mary Bywater Cross
- EVOLUTIONS FEATURED ARTIST-- Solo Exhibition, Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, Golden, CO Curated by Irene Berry and Karen Roxburgh
- KNOTTED, TIED, DYED, AND STITCHED, Association of Pacific West Quilters, Tacoma, WA
- HERE COMES THE JUDGES, Association of Pacific West Quilters, Tacoma, WA
- TRUTH TO TELL, Latimer Quilt and Textile Museum, Tillamook, OR
- TRUTH TO TELL, Coos Art Museum, Coos Bay, OR. Curated by Stephen Broocks
- TEXT, Museum of Contemporary Craft, Portland, OR. Curated by Kat Perez.
- EVOLUTIONS, Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, Golden, CO. Juried by Katie
- Pasquini-Masopust. Awarded First Place and a Solo Exhibition for 2011. Judges:
- Angie Hodapp, Editor-in-chief of Quilter’s Newsletter Magazine and Barbara Barr, Quilter.
- INFLUENCES OF THE NORTHWEST, Gail Harker Gallery, Oak Harbor, WA
- COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE QUILT SHOW, Stevenson, WA
- NORTHWEST QUILTING EXPO, Portland, OR. Juried by Shellie O’Donnell,
- FIBRATIONS, Studio Art Quilts Associates traveling show, Cody, WY; Golden, CO; Hampton, VA; Somerset, NJ; Denver, CO, and Columbus, OH, through 2010. Juried by Katie Pasquini-Masopust
- FIFTH ANNUAL FIBER ARTS FESTIVAL, Sixth Street Gallery, Vancouver, WA. Juried show.
- 12th ANNUAL JURIED ART EXHIBIT, Gresham Visual Arts Gallery, Gresham, OR. Juried by Rib Caswell, Caswell Gallery.
- COMMUNITY SHOWCASE, Museum of Contemporary Craft, Portland, OR. Curated by Kat Perez and Namita Wiggers.
- STiTCH: A Sampling of Works by Five Contemporary Artists, Cannon Beach History Center & Museum, Cannon Beach, OR.
- OF NEEDLE AND PEN, Coos Art Museum, Coos Bay, OR. Curated by Stephen Broocks.
- Columbia Stitchery Guild, Multnomah Village, Portland, Or
- NORTHWEST QUILTING EXPO, Portland, OR
- CLOTH OF MANY COLORS, Klamath Art Gallery, Klamath Falls, OR. Curated by Mickie McCormic, Surface Design Association.
- HANDS AT WORK, Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center, Portland, OR
- 38th Annual NQA Quilt Show, Columbus, OH.
- LOWERTOWN QUILT WALK, Paducah, KY. Juried by Carol Bryer Fallert, Judy Schwender, and Freda Fairchild.
- THE ART OF OREGON, Coos Art Museum, Coos Bay, OR. Curated by M J Koveira.
- ART OF THE QUILT, Novi, MI. American Sewing and Needlework Festival.
- TRI-SISTERS INVITATIONAL MIXED MEDIA, Portland, OR.
- AU NATURALE, Tims Art Quilt Studio and Gallery, La Veta, CO. Juried by Ricky Tims.
- GRATEFUL THREAD, Cannon Beach Historical Museum, Cannon Beach, OR.
- WOMEN’S WORK IS NEVER DONE, Marylhurst College, Lake Oswego, OR. Curated by Zenette Wilks.
- Columbia Stitchery Guild, Multnomah Village, Portland, OR.
- THE BEAT, Mary Lou Zeek Gallery, Salem, OR. Curated by Mary Lou Zeek.
- Creative Arts Community, Greystone Gallery, Portland, OR. Group Show.
- Columbia Stitchery Guild, 7126 Gallery, Milwaukie, OR.
- HIGH FIBER DIET, White Sturgeon Gallery, Vancouver, WA. Curated by Elizabeth Gotelli.
- PACIFIC NORTHWEST QUILTFEST, Seattle Center, Seattle, WA. Juried by Bonnie Browning, Rachel Kinsey Clark, and Yvonne Porcella.
- HEART AND SOUL, Multnomah Arts Center, Portland, OR.
- HIGH FIBER DIET, Japanese Gardens, Portland, OR. Group show.
- FIBER AND BASKETRY, Gresham City Hall Visual Arts Gallery, Gresham, OR. Curated by Jeannette McDermid.
- FROM NATURE TO FIBER, Virginia Highlands Festival, Abingdon, VA
- HIGH FIBER DIET, Doll Gardner Gallery, Portland, OR. Group show.
- RUNS WITH SCISSORS, PLAYS WITH FABRIC, State Heritage Society, Des Moines, IA.
- IRISES, Coupeville Art Center, Coupeville, WA. Student show.
- “FRAMING THE FUTURE,” The Clackamas County Oregon Quilt, Made in celebration of Oregon’s Sesquicentennial, 150 Years of Statehood
Awards and Honors
- Professional Development Grant. Regional Arts and Culture Council, Portland, OR
- Contributing Editor, AMERICAN QUILTER MAGAZINE
- “A Trend Toward Texture,” THE QUILTING QUARTERLY
- “Harlequin Nights,” SOMERSET STUDIO ART GALLERY MAGAZINE
- “A Quilter’s House Party,” QUILT WORLD, September
- “Be Careful What You Copy,” CANADIAN EMBROIDERER’S MAGAZINE,December
Lectures and Workshops
- Interview, “Pacific West Quilt Show—For the Love of Fabric,” KBTC Public Television, Tacoma, WA
- Panel, Demonstration and Presentation, and Workshop, Association of Pacific West Quilt Show, Tacoma, WA
- Trunk Show, NW Quilters Show, Portland, OR
- Presentation/Demonstration, National Quilting Association, Columbus, OH
- Presentation, Metropolitan Patchwork Society, Beaverton, OR
- Presentation, Westside Quilters Guild, Hillsboro, OR
- Lecture, Columbia FiberArts Guild, Lake Oswego, OR
- Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild, Roseburg, OR
- Presentation/lecture, Nevada State Guild, Fallon, NV
- Presentation/Lecture, Oregon Coastal Quilter’s Guild, Newport, OR
- Presentation/demonstration, National Quilting Association, Columbus, OH
- Lecture and workshop, Columbia River Gorge Quilt Guild, Stevenson, WA
- Lecture, Mid-Valley Quilt Guild,
- Presentation/demonstration, Northwest Quilters Show, Portland, OR
- Lectures, Boise Basin Quilters’ Show, Boise ID
- Workshop, Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center, Portland, OR
- Lecture, Columbia Stitchery Guild
- Lecture, Metropolitan Patchwork Society, Beaverton, OR
- Lecture, St. Helens Quilt Guild, St. Helens, OR
- Workshop, Palmer and Pletsch, Portland, OR
- Workshop, Family Living, Consumer Educators’ Update, Vancouver, WA
- Lectures and Workshops, WSU Master Quilter Program, Battleground, WA
2002 to present
2002 to present
- Judge of quilts, wearable art, and fiber arts at the national level
- Show Co-Chair for Columbia FiberArts Guild, Portland, OR
- Certificates in Design and Embroidery, The City and Guilds of London Institute, London, England 1995 – 1998
- National Quilting Association Certified Judge, 2008
- NCQC Course on Judging Quilts and Wearable Art and Continuing Education program “On Judging” 2002
- Lesage School of Needlework, Paris, France, 1995 – 1996
- B.A. English, cum laude, Montana State University, Billings, MT. 1991